Saturday, October 10, 2020

2-3 month NOLA stay - airbnb alternatives?


Hi all,I'm planning to stay in New Orleans for 2-3 months in 2021 for a mental health sabbatical. I am committed to staying safe and keeping others safe during COVID. I mostly just want to stay inside and write, explore by walking around neighborhoods, support local businesses as safely as I can, and get away from home.My understanding is that Airbnb has been very harmful to New Orleans culture and community, and I don't want to be a part of that. But also during COVID, I want to find a safe, semi-long term but temporary private place to stay where I feel comfortable spending a lot of my time. Do you have any advice for alternatives to Airbnb, or would an Airbnb at a local-owned home be acceptable in this case? (If so, how do I ensure that an Airbnb is actually local-owned?)Thank you! via /r/AskNOLA https://ift.tt/34JNXhM

No comments:

Post a Comment