Friday, October 16, 2020

OPPO 41mm - How to identify the "Global Version" vs. the "Chinese Version" - Question


TL,DR - Did I get screwed? Maybe. Probably.I bought an OPPO 41mm from a seller in Texas. The purchase was made via Ebay, where the listing was "OPPS watch 41mm smartwatch, Android, Google WearOS."Upon arrival, I can pair the watch via bluetooth (to two different Pixel phones). However, the Wear OS app on neither of the phones will actually connect to the watch. The Wear OS app just says "getting your watch details... this may take a few minutes..." forever.I've let the Wear OS app try to connect for over 30 minutes (on two different phones, each of which connect successfully via Bluetooth) but neither ever connects.Meanwhile... the watch goes no further than asking me to scan a QR code that points tohttps://sport.health.heytapmobi.com/h5/watch-scancode-connect/index.html?18D0C59B2AB7&OW19W2Following the above link would side-load an app ("HeyTap") that's not in the Google Play Store. I don't install apps except via the Google Play Store. It seems to me that no legit Wear OS device should ever require installing an app which isn't available through the Google Play Store.FYI... the shipment from the Texas Ebay seller included a paper receipt for his purchase from Giztop.com, which, as near as I can tell, is located in Shenzhen, China.The barcodes on the box show IMEI, serial number and EID.Pretty sure I got the wrong watch.... via /r/WearOS https://ift.tt/2FBJaqb

No comments:

Post a Comment