Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Trying to enlist in the Navy, not sure if using TRT through Low T Center will come up in Meps/ general testosterone advice


So long story short (ish), I'm looking into enlisting in the Military but I'm concerned about tests that I had from the low T center in July getting me a DQ.(Background) I'm 28 and recently have been going through a separation from my fiance. The 3 months leading up to the test were easily the most stressful of my life. Had to move back in with my parents, unemployed due to covid, no idea what to do with myself. I was about 30 lbs overweight when I took the test, had been a sedentary, chronic pot/cigarette smoker for the last decade, and was sleeping on average probably 4-5hrs a night.First test came back (7 ng/dl), was informed that normal would have been (20 ng/dl) for my age. Second test came back (9 ng/dl). I had been doing some light physical activity before the second test, quit smoking ciggs/bud completely, still sleeping like shit. At that point they said I qualified for TRT if I wanted it. Being naive about the implications of starting a TRT regiment I agreed and started on 80mg of test cypionate every 4 days. Went on it for about 2 months before I met with a Dr. About an unrelated issue who informed me about Clomid and the complications of starting TRT at such a young age. Around the same time I started taking an interest in the military as a way to get my life together and reading up on DQ conditions of trying to join.Met with a 3rd doctor around this time to discuss Clomid and he informed me that I'd need to come off TRT for 4-6 weeks to allow my body to start producing test again before he could prescrible. He attempted to look for the TRT regiment in my medical records but couldn't seem to find it. So I'm wondering if they'll be able to find it at MEPS? Or if the MEPS tests will include a hormone panel?Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't have health insurance or the funds to see a doctor with my questions anymore.TL;DR: got prescribed TRT from the low at center, actual doctor couldn't find it in medical records, wondering if MEPS will be able to pull it or will test for low testosterone? Is it possible that my testosterone will recover to regular levels in the next few months with diet, exercise, and proper sleep? (I've gone from 220lbs to 170lbs in the last 5 months, 2 of which were on TRT, slightly less depressed/anxious, and sleeping more than 5 hours a night now) via /r/Testosterone https://ift.tt/2TeAt8s

No comments:

Post a Comment