Wednesday, September 23, 2020

How does Disability allowance affect future employment?


So I’m on the fence about applying for disability allowance. If I applied there’s a high chance of me getting the allowance every week, but I’m concerned about how employers would view me for future jobs, or if it would even come up at all. I’m aware that I can be asked for medical records/background checks etc. and that it can be necessary to give consent for employers to view medical history to be considered for certain jobs, so I’m asking for anyone with experience with work and disability allowance to talk about their experiences so I could make a decision. I’m not physically disabled in any way, but due to mental health issues and possibly being on the autism spectrum (I’ll be getting tested soon) I haven’t been able to attend college or further education, but I do intend to work towards attending courses, apprenticeships or whatever I decide to pursue once I’ve improved my situation. Any advice or comments are much appreciated. Thanks for your input folks! via /r/jobs https://ift.tt/3mNRZ0E

No comments:

Post a Comment