Tuesday, October 20, 2020

How to be vulnerable without coming up as negative glingy or dragging the mood down.


Basically the title. I 31F/ have been back in touch with one of my friends recently after I heard they were sick. I related very much to their experience as i assisted one of my family member few years ago through quite a similar illness. This brought me and my friend somewhat closer as I could relate to what they're experiencing and I also want to support them as I know they just relocated and might not have friends to share their recovery journey with as it is talking about medical procedures and stuff. Which I truly don't mind in fact I appreciate them opening up and trusting me and sharing with me after I shared with them my experience with that family member.So we've been talking back and forth and are planning to Skype soon. Them opening up to me in such a gracious vulnerable way inspired me honestly, and also made me trust them and feel safe to share and open up to them. Especially as I'm going through a really difficult time in my life after a breakup, being jobless and having a zero support system. And Although I haven't been clinically diagnosed but my last councilor has shared with me that I might be suffering from depression and anxiety. Which I am trying to power through.The point is I'm not doing ok. But TBH I never shared with anyone that I'm not doing ok and that I am battling mental health issues. I did once but I changed the subject quickly or showed that I got this kinda attitude which I honestly don't got sh*t and I cry to bed at least 3times a week.Now I want to learn to be vulnerable, to share with my friend maybe about my mental health issues but I don't want to come up as negative or clingy or pessimistic. Especially as when they shared with me their journey, man! They're in the hospital in the middle of heavy medical procedures and they got such a positive attitude towards life and everything going on!! And I just don't want to ruin that for them or drag them down to my rabbit hole.Any advice would be highly appreciated! Thank you via /r/AskWomenOver30 https://ift.tt/31rxPk0

No comments:

Post a Comment