Saturday, October 17, 2020

Wife due with 1st child in late March - health insurance advice


My wife is due with our first child at the end of March & my work insurance currently has open enrollment so thought I'd take a look and see if there was a reason for us to switch from the current High Deductible Plan we currently have through Cigna. Looking at the image below, I just can't see a reason to go for the PPO plan considering my employer gives us almost half the HSA $$ to meet our high deductible-deductible per year. I also contribute to the HSA (not maxing it out yet, working there).I figure the pregnancy, hospital bills, etc. will easily get us to our $3k deductible next spring & then I'll just be paying 10% for most things as long as we stay in network - it's 30% out of network, just isn't shown in the image. Our OBGYN & mid-wife are both already in network.Is there any reason to bump up to the PPO plan? Seems like both offer the same benefits after deductible but the combination of higher deductible + employer giving us a good chunk of $$ + lower out of pocket max fits better than lower deductible + no employer money + higher out of pocket max. Am I missing something obvious here?https://ift.tt/345XUa4 via /r/personalfinance https://ift.tt/3dzm00b

No comments:

Post a Comment