Tuesday, October 20, 2020

I really don't want to be abused again


I know this sounds obvious, but at times I have wanted to get revenge or make myself so that their abuse doesn't affect me. However, I'm human and I'm always going to have basic needs. If someone is between me and food, water, and shelter, I am going to be upset about it. I would much prefer not to be abused again. I don't even want revenge really, because it runs the risk of bringing the narcissist back into my life. Most imaginations of revenge do that in one way or another, whether they be plots to get close to them and backstab them or social shaming campaigns that are sure to invite some back and forth. Dreams of revenge keep that potential interaction alive, which keep that relationship alive. I would much rather not have that relationship at all and make sure there is no risk of it being rekindled. I do that by cutting the person out of my life completely, never interacting with them again, and making sure there is no risk of it being able to be revived.I also understand that I remain at risk of abuse. There's no "having a narcissist in your life is an invitation to work on yourself" type of thing. Yes, sure, narcissists abuse you in whatever way they can find. Sure, some of those things can be improved so that they don't hurt (or hurt less) the next time someone tries that. However, we're all still human. We all have basic needs for food, water, shelter, health, and affiliation. We do not need to have those needs abused.While we go through life, there will be people who want to abuse those needs anyway. They will want to isolate us, shame us, gaslight us, hurt us, or kill us. That is something that is almost certain to happen. We should avoid being isolated, shamed, gaslighted, hurt, or killed if we can. If we fail, we run if we can, and if we can't get away then we fail and we will have to embrace our fate.However, everything that I have occasionally thought or that others told me would keep me in the relationship is everything the narcissist would want me to believe. Things like...If your spiritual development and mind training is good enough, the narcissist will no longer affect youYou were sent this person for a reason. You must learn how to deal with him and beat himLearn how to grey rock better until they go away. Treat this as practiceWinWrite down everything. Get evidence. Go to police, HR, or whoever an authority may beDon't let him get to you! Be above it!Uh, hello?! Where's the advice saying to get the fuck out of there when you're being abused?I think it needs to be a little bit louder than it is... "IF YOU'RE BEING ABUSED, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THERE AND NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!"If you can, of course. via /r/LifeAfterNarcissism https://ift.tt/3dNshWe

No comments:

Post a Comment